New florida law requires kids take FINANCIAL COURSE to graduate.
Byker
2022-03-24 18:51:58 UTC
This is a good idea though it will not address the problem of affirmative
action grading that let's illiterate blacks graduate by the millions. The
teachers will still be told to pass the blacks no matter how poorly they
do. For graduation we need to demand all students take the SAT and get
450+ on both sections.
http://www.yourdestinationnow.com/2022/03/florida-gov-ron-desantis-signs-bill.html
march 23 2022 Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, signed a bill on
Tuesday that will require high schoolers to take a financial literacy and
money management course in order to earn a standard high school diploma.
They'll still max out their credit cards...
a425couple
2022-04-01 17:56:10 UTC
Post by Byker
This is a good idea though it will not address the problem of affirmative
action grading that let's illiterate blacks graduate by the millions.
The
teachers will still  be told to  pass the blacks no matter how poorly
they
do.  For graduation we need to demand all students take the SAT and get
450+ on both sections.
http://www.yourdestinationnow.com/2022/03/florida-gov-ron-desantis-signs-bill.html
march 23 2022 Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, signed a bill on
Tuesday that will require high schoolers to take a financial literacy and
money management course in order to earn a standard high school diploma.
They'll still max out their credit cards...
Well, yes.

Some people would actually rather wear a big hat,
than own lots of cattle.

For example:
Lot's of people are buying seriously big pick-ups,
for around $100,000, and not using them for more
than transport people around.
With 6 year payments.
25.BX944
2022-04-04 06:16:11 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by Byker
[...]
It's true ... people like BLING. If yer giant truck/suv
buys you status then you SPEND BIG even if you'll never
do more than drive to the market for a bag of snacks.
LOOKING all megamacho is the important thing.

Kim Kardashian likes HER kind of bling - Jonny SixPack
likes HIS .....
a425couple
2022-04-04 16:15:31 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by Byker
[...]
Yes. There was a pretty good and fair article
in my Sunday paper on the subject of this law.

Chuck Jaffe wrote it and he is in many papers.
Points out that High School is both too late,
and too early. Lessons should be taught at
home very early, and then are also more usable when
a 'student' is earning and actually spending money.
25.BX944
2022-04-05 03:19:27 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by Byker
[...]
Well, there's a LONG tradition of teen jobs - and it
continues to a fair extent. However it's been mixed
up with Wokeism and wage laws and Entitlement Theory
of late. Hey, I bagged groceries, sold hardware and
even worked at a truck stop before I was 18. Didn't
pay much - but I *could* afford a double-used car
and gas and hamburgers .........

Oddly, I've only bought ONE brand new car in the 50
years since ...... used cars go just fine and are
a LOT cheaper (well, except for right now) ......

But some Joes and Janes just HAVE to exude STATUS.
To a point it's a good thing, keeps the 'luxury'
and 'excellence' markets alive. However when Johnny
and Jane aren't six-figure earners and go WAY in
debt ... that's not always the best tact. Maybe
a couple practical economics courses in school
WOULD be useful.